BusBiz has been a family owned business for over 50 years. In 1954 Lake Boga Transport Pty Ltd was formed to transport fruit from the Lake Boga area to the Melbourne market. In 1960 they diversified into School Buses and in 1965 Swan Hill Bus Lines was born. In 1988, Swan Hill Bus Lines branched out into its own identity and under the direction of Peter Pickering, has grown to become today one of Regional Victoria’s largest Bus/Coach operations.
In late 2017 Swan Hill Bus Lines began trading as BusBiz, though our name might have changed we are committed to still providing the same fantastic service that has been our standard for the past 50+ years.
Since our establishment in 1960 we have developed a reputation as being a high quality performer within the Australian Bus and Coach Industry. Our reputation of high standards of customer service and reliability are key factors which have contributed to our success, enabling us to grow as a company.
Our bus services
Our Head Office and largest depot is located in Swan Hill, operating over 200 vehicles throughout Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, providing a vast range of passenger services including the following:
- Over 100 School Bus Runs throughout Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales, including Specialist School Bus Services
- Local and interstate School transfers
- New South Wales Government Trainlink Services
- Day trips and extended Charters
- Regional services including: Swan Hill Town Service, Warracknabeal Town Service, Swan Hill – Tooleybuc, Swan Hill – Ultima, Sea Lake – Swan Hill, Wycheproof – Swan Hill, Donald – Horsham, Penshurst – Hamilton, Woomelang – Bendigo, St Arnaud – Stawell, Ouyen – Mildura and Sea Lake – Ouyen – Mildura.
Peel Valley Coaches
In December 2016, BusBiz expanded our services into Tamworth NSW. BusBiz has taken over Peel Valley Coaches and operates six Tamworth services.
Late 2017 saw the merging of BusBiz and Townsends Travel; both are family-owned companies.
Using our vast experience in the industry and our own fleet of small and large luxury air-conditioned coaches, we provide not only specially catered concert, sporting and event packages but also unique and exciting holidays throughout Australia, including 3-day long weekends/short holidays and extended touring adventures.
Late 2022 saw us acquire Lofty Coaches; the amalgamation of an already well-respected company into our South Australian team was a highly anticipated part of our year. The existing fleet and team of drivers have settled into our team seamlessly. From our position in the Adelaide Hills, we are able to offer some hire drive, day/multiday charters, and tours, as well as our existing School Bus Contracts.
A commitment to service
The Passenger Transport Industry is highly competitive, focusing mainly on customer service and passenger satisfaction. BusBiz’s prime objective is to satisfy all our customers with a commitment to providing quality service for all. We pride ourselves on our ability to meet the needs of our customers beyond the call of duty.
At BusBiz, we strongly believe our customers are the most important factor in our business, and our Mission Statement has been adopted to set our objectives.
Our Mission Statement
- To maintain and improve our position as one of Australia’s leading professional passenger carriers.
- To develop our service level to the maximum benefit of our clients.
- To be seen as a reputable and ethical leader of the Passenger Transport Industry.
We are accredited in the following states:
- Victoria: AO000094
- NSW: 30856
- SA: EZ8716
- QLD: OA900542442